Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Don't Argue With Crazy People

When I was growing up, my mother always used to tell me, "Sweetheart, don't argue with stupid people.  It is a waste of time and energy."

Momma was right!  Now that I'm older and have experienced a little more, I'd like to put a twist on my mom's philosophy and state that one should not engage in an argument with crazy people, either.  

I have a friend who's a card carrying accidental racist.  The only reason I'm going to give her a pass is because she has been completely brainwashed by her political party.  It is a sad sight to see, too.  Complete and total programming of the human mind.

At any rate, this programming has, in essence, made her insane.  On and on she will rant about political issues, hours if you let her! As I sit there and listen to her spout off, the natural inclination is to respond and correct.  But...why?  All it's going to do is send that mind spiraling even further down the rabbit hole, thus making her crazier.  Truly, it is a useless endeavor.  Plus, my points are not going to be heard anyway.  That delusional little mind is too busy thinking up the next round of 'talking points' to fire off at me.

So I just let her go until she tires, and when she asks me if I understand I say with a smile, "Oh I understand, I just don't agree."  I literally see smoke come from her ears.  It is awesome.   

No comments:

Post a Comment